LHMS Physical Education
The physical education program at Lone Hill is designed for total fitness of the student. This includes participation in physical activities, positive interpersonal interactions with other students and team play. It also includes appropriate personal conduct, adherence to class, school, district rules and policies. In addition we will continue to encourage our students to challenge themselves and become Mile Club members.
STUDENTS ARE EXPECTED TO :
1. Wear the proper LHMS physical education uniform to class every day. The uniform includes LHMS Physical Education T-shirt ($13) and shorts ($17) and/or a LHMS sweatshirt ($23)/sweatpants ($17). All clothes should be clearly labeled with the student's last name, first name/initial. Clothes should be taken home on Fridays, laundered and returned for use on Monday.
* Girls are not to wear leggings to PE. unless worn under P.E. shorts. This will be considered loaners and they will lose points and/or receive a detention for multiple infractions.
2. Be on time to class and be on task.
3. Listen to instructions, using listening skills.
4. Respect each classmate. (No put downs, no profanity, no inappropriate behavior.) Learn to appreciate & understand individual differences.
5. Demonstrate respect for the physical education facilities, equipment and fields by not abusing, defacing, damaging, or littering school property.
6. Participate every day to the best of their ability
7. Understand and meet the California State physical education standards.
8. Check with the teacher to make up the missed work due to absence for ANY reason.
9. Do not wear jewelry to class since it can be a safety hazard.
10. Use the restroom/drink water during the times allotted for dressing/undressing.
11. Bring SSR or study material to class on rainy days.
12. Students are to wear their PE clothes to PE class only. Street clothes are to be worn in all other classes.
GENERAL GRADING POLICY:
The grading policy is based on physical activities, active participation, citizenship and conduct. Grading criteria also includes, but is not limited to:
1. Skill test/timed run/obstacle coarse
2. Written test/assignments/worksheets
3. Appropriate dress(incomplete uniform, non-suit)
4. Tardy to class
5. Chewing gum/candy/eating during class
6. Lack of cooperation
7. Poor sportsmanship
8. Lack of effort/minimal participation
10. Failure to follow department/school/district policies
Students grades and progress will be posted and updated regularly for student and parental review on the district Webgrader/Areis.com